Monday, May 21, 2012

Asian Heritage Highlight: Victoria Knudson

Where has this month gone? Time flew by way too fast and I am way over due on a feature post.

This week I am featuring my very dear friend who I consider a sister, the newly wed herself, Mrs Victoria Knudson. If you recall my post MADE WITH LOVE about DIY bridal bouquets, Victoria is the bride mentioned in the post who lead the bridal bouquet making party and created almost all accessories for her wedding. She has always been incredibly creative when it came to arts and crafts including illustrations, painting, dyeing, scrap booking, and DIY home projects. She's the one who took the first prize home when it came to art competitions and the person you did not want to sit next to in art class; trust me, I've sat next to her while she created her master pieces, compared her art to my less than mediocre cluster crap drawing, lost all hope in my skills, crumpled the paper and threw it in the trash..and missed. Yes she is that good! She has an impressive artistic quality that I've always admired and there is no doubt that I would go to her if I ever need help or her artistic hand on projects complimentary to home decor.

Here a few of her recent projects..
Another important quality about Victoria's art and DIY projects is that she takes budget into deep consideration. This is her DIY head board.

this is 3 20"x30" foam boards side by side.
i used the "quilt padding" for volume.i purchased thin quilt padding so i had to double up.
i measured where the dimples should be and punched brass prongs to get a dimple.
then i glued large rhinestones to cover the brass prong.

there are 4 (each corner) dimples that should have been prongs, but instead i made the dimple by screwing onto the wall.
then i glued the rhinestone over the screw.

ta da! :)





Finished look. (sorry you can't see the finished look with dimpled details) This is made for a king size bed. I love the mirror accent in between.
This here is yet another great way to display family photos. Victoria calls this the Naked Ribbon Bulletin Board:


i only called it naked because behind the ribbon is the wall (not a padded fabric) 
it measures 5' wide and 3' tall.
its made with black and brown ribbon (i used brown because the plaque is brown). it blends in 

each intersection "X" was stapled to the wall, and i hot glued large rhinestones to cover the hideous staple.


A perfect low budget project and a great focal point in her living room where guests are kept busy staring into a little introduction of her life.

She also hand makes personalized cards for special occasions!
This is my favorite card she made for my daughter.
This is the front of the card.
And the inside!

More creativity just fun to look at and admire.

A few bats she decorated for a competition in which she of course WON!


all photos courtesy of Victoria herself

Victoria is currently working on three new projects and expecting a little bundle of joy. I'm sure some baby themed art projects will be in the making so stay tuned as I'll gladly be sharing some of my favorites!





No comments:

Post a Comment