Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Spotlight: Ish and Chi Studio

It's been a crazy few weeks as usual..and I finally get to share a great find. My hubby came to me and said he wanted to turn a section of our long narrow garage into his "man office" so naturally I start my search for inspiration and although I typed in masculine home office I still stumbled upon a DIY femanine style home studio that I just couldn't take my eyes off..I present to you Vivian Mansour founder of Ish and Chi and another fabulous DIYer with an impressive portfolio you can't resist.
 Before..like most garages, they're dingy, bland, and remind me of a horror movie scene.
Impressive right?! How fabulous is this room! As always first glances of beautiful decor have non experienced home decor joe-settes thinking this is a pricey makeover..but look up close and you'll find that items used can be found in your home.

Look at her desk for instance. I even thought it was an expensive corner unit from a designer mag but never fear! It's actually two multi-purpose folding tables placed L shaped in the corner. Multi purpose tables can run anywhere from $40-$50 and she made this one look much more valuable and needless to say chic.
The beautiful wall gallery back splash is made of wall paper pasted onto a huge slab of plywood decorated with her favorite artwork.
The antique side table is decorated with personal accessories and the drawers are lined with wrapping paper! Now we all have some pretty wrapping paper stashed away. If not, a stylish roll can run you anywhere from $5-$10.

I am infatuated with old furniture makeovers. This antique cupboard was painted and put to good use once again. I love the organized display of fabrics. Everything is so pristine having its perfect fit in the room and making it super easy to stay organized.
all photos via ishandchi
This is the perfect arts and crafts room and a perfect way to display personal belongings. I can't get enough of this room and even though I have a "masculine" office makeover headed my way, it gives me the push to get started on my own home and work office.
To get the full scoop on this garage makeover visit ishandchi.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. I have seen Viv's makeover before and think it's amazing. It's the kind of thing I'm hoping to achieve with my dark and dingy under-the-house laundry room once I've got the rest of the renovation chaos under control! It's great inspiration for a basement makeover though xx

    Anna (My Design Ethos)

    ReplyDelete