Monday, March 19, 2012

Color Inspiration: From Trendy Color Block Shoes

Spring style is here and I'm noticing that color blocking is the current fashion trend in just about anything. I walked into DSW not too long ago and found an array of stylish color block shoes in the brightest and boldest colors you can imagine. I was memorized by the color combos and wished that I myself was bold enough to wear different colors of the rainbow since I naturally lean towards the Wednesday Addams look. As I'm walking through the store the interior design voices in my head start speaking to me and I begin to wonder how these colors will look in a room. So I took color inspiration from some of my favorite color combo shoes and translated them into interior decor color schemes... 
 Fuchsia and Orange with hints of gold. These colors scream GIRLY GIRL...
I couldn't tell which color was more dominating so I tried to use both orange and fuchsia as evenly as possible like on the shoe. I splashed some gold accents and a few neutralizing tones to make it easier to look at. If I added any more fuchsia or orange the display would be a potential hazard to your eyeballs. I would love to sit in this room in real life and feel the energy. Would it be pleasantly relaxing because of its stylish decor, or give you the same feeling when you've had a medium size cup of Peet's house blend? (SBux lovers..you know what I'm talking about)
via 
I was also curious to see if these colors were actually used and low and behold..This is a perfect way of balancing the colors and similar to my design board, neutral tones helped keep you from thinking you walked into the mind of a 4 year old girl.
Teal, Blue and Mustard Yellow...I love this combo..I would definitely purchase these because its a bit more subtle than the fuchsia and orange..
Unlike the temper tantrum room I can totally see myself entertaining guests in this soothing yet fun room. Again I chose a neutral color for the couch to calm down the brightness..

via cococozy.com 
I had a hard time looking for the same color combo and this was the closest thing I could find.. The yellow chairs make such a statement in this room and are so unexpected. It's so refreshing to come across everyday items in out of the ordinary colors. It's a fun surprise for your guests. 

Upon searching for teal colored rooms..I came across this and just had to share..  
The various teal colors are so relaxing and although this room is a bit too "fancy" for my personal taste..I still visually soak in its beauty. I absolutely love the two toned wallpaper and the pinstriped arm chair. Such great details in this room!
Black, Purple, Light Blue with a bit of gold. This was another challenging color combo. Most rooms that I came across only had two of the color combos. I even had a hard time getting it together on my design board but in the end I came up with this and I must say this is another room I would love to bring to life..
I chose black walls with lighter accent pieces because I recently watched the Black and White Master Suite Color Splash episode where David painted all the walls pitch black but used extreme contrasting colors so that it didn't look like Darth Vader's cave. So, I gave it a try..
The color combo was done well in this room..The dominating color on the shoe was black but I love how it was used minimally. 

I had a lot of fun with this post and it challenged me to work with color combinations that don't exactly automatically come to mind when approaching a color scheme. Any of you looking for a drastic change in color but don't know where to start..then hit the shops and see whats trending..Even if it is from a shoe.~MG

No comments:

Post a Comment