Sunday, April 8, 2012

Affordable Decor

Hello and Happy Easter! I have a few photos to share from visits to some of my favorite retail stores. I also want to highlight my appreciation for visual merchandising. I'm sure my fellow design enthusiasts take a snap shot or two when faced with beautiful displays or beautiful pieces of furniture.
First, a random walk-in to Beverly's, the craft and fabric store, and home accessories! One can easily pass this store up not thinking to find home accessories since there is an overload of artificial flowers and  fabrics in every shade known to man displayed in the store front. But little by little I've noticed decorative pieces mixed in with the arts and crafts overload. To my surprise I was visually tantalized by the beautiful display of house goods..

I was loving this British flag three drawer side table. Highlight this artistic piece by placing it in a heavy traffic area in your home. The aged look along with the design would be an interesting accent in your home.
Another British themed piece. What a fun and clever wine rack design!
And it just kept getting better. I love these trunks! Another interesting idea to add to your home. I would use these in my living room as end tables and of course storage. Or use them as night stands in your bedroom.
Beverly's had an abundance of accessories that I personally think would be great for filling large gaps in book shelves. Any one of these accessories would add visual pleasure to a boring book display.


I'm a sucker for clustered displays of merchandise. There is something so visually pleasing when I see gorgeous accessories so well coordinated in the display. I get so locked into staring at displays that I forget what I was supposed to buy. If my daughter wasn't with me on this day, I would probably linger for a good two hours just creepily staring.
These Buddha statues were my favorite and I love how the decorative turquoise vases are mixed in.
 French country section..
I made a pit stop at Ross and found this lovely turquoise bench. A perfect seating area in a mud room or foyer. The clean lined bench in a bold non-typical bench color adds a dash of style to a bland space. I put my MGSIMPLESTYLE stamp on this bench.

 Row of Buddha's.
Decorative bookend.
Onto TJ Maxx.  

Perfect lamps for a coastal room theme! I love the detailed lamp base and the print on the shade is a perfect topping.
Coastal, or simply chic decorative pieces? The curvature in these are so feminine. 

Soft colored country tables. The perfect sized table to add in a foyer; place a decorative vase with fresh flowers and your guests will be instantly greeted with your personal style.
 more of Buddha.
Check out the fun print on this piggy bank. Snug this little fellow in between a stack of books to accessorize that book shelf.
Wood carved ottoman. There is something rustic and masculine about this piece. A great accessory to add to a "man room"
More cluster displays. I love the soothing green color of these frames. Frames are yet another great addition for filling spaces on a book shelf or if small enough you can find stylish frames such as these to use for a bedside gallery.

These were beautiful! And the best part is they were only $5 each. I should have snagged them as I'm sure with that price they are no longer there. That's the thing about bargain shopping; you have to get it while you're there so you don't have sleepless nights of regret for that bargain piece you failed to follow through with. So from one bargain hunter to the other, go with your instinct. If you love it, GET IT!

Beautifying your home is more accessible and affordable than it was a decade ago. Don't think that just because a room is beautifully decorated that its full of  pricey pieces. There is a sea of affordable home decor available at mainstream retailers fit for your style and budget that I am happy to highlight and share.~MG

1 comment:

  1. that "wood carved" ottoman is actually comprised of coconut shells ….

    ReplyDelete